Series I’ve started:
Poldark series by Winston Graham
Morganville Series by Rachel Caine
Sookie Sackhouse Series True Blood) By Charlaine Harris
A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) by George R.R. Martin
Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series by Laurel K. Hamilton
When I first started reading Anita Blake and Sookie Sackhouse books I picked up whatever book was in my local library at the time. This was years ago and the problem then was that I never read any of the books in order. So I had to start again.
I bought the Sookie Sackhouse books when they were all £1 on sale but I’ve only read a few. I read the Anita Blake series and then stopped, I love the character though and the books are full of action. I recently started reading the Morganville series again and I’m on Ghost Town now
I stopped reading both Poldark and A Song of Ice and Fire one after the other as I didn’t wantreading the books to spoil the series. That’s fine for the Poldark series, I’ve been reading about one a year but A Song of Ice and Fire I can’t remember when I last read it and I may have forgotten what happened.
The problem with me reading a series
- I forget what book I’m on (with the exception of Poldark because I’m reading it often)
- I can never decide whether to read them one after another or take a break
- I take too long to read the next book as I have so many books and then find out Anita Blake is on book 25 and I’m probably on 3 or 4
- I have forgotten things that have happened, including how Anita and Richard met in the Anita Blake series
- I will put it off because I don’t fancy reading about vampires or a big fantasy book and then I realise it’s years later and as soon as I start reading them I’m hooked and want to read them all.