I heard about this through Cassie Winters and I’m doing this challenge next year. I have so many books on my tbr and it never gets smaller. This challenge was started by NovelKnight and the rule is that you can only read books published prior to 2018.
I’ve compiled a list of books but I only read what I’m in the mood to read so it’s not a rigid plan more of a guideline really. (I’m imagining Captain Barbossa as I write those words)
I’ve read quite a lot of books this year so I should able to read a good amount of books from my tbr this year as well as reading others, maybe another challenge. I’m thinking maybe I’ll read 20 and that gives me about 10 outside the challenge or off this list I could read.
Here’s my list so far, it’s very much a work in progress:
- The Language of Thorns by Leigh Bardugo
- Hollow City by Ransom Riggs
- Eragon by Christopher
- Uncommon type by Tom Hanks
- Three quarters of the orange by Joanne Harris
- Master of Shadows by Neil Oliver
- Assasins’ Apprentice by Robin Hobb
- Solar Bones by Mike McCormack
- The Fry Chronicles
- The Black Moon by Winston Graham
- Morganville series next books when I figure out which ones I’ve read (2)
- A Dance of dragons 2: After the Feast by George R. R. Martin
- Raven Black by Anne Cleeves
- Ink Death by Cornelia Funke
- The Raven’s Head by Karen Maitland
- A Parrot In A Pepper Tree by Chris Stewart (ebook)
- Mrs Dalloway by Virginia Woolf
- The Chisellers, The Granny by Brendan O’Carroll (2 ebooks)
- Affinity by Sarah Waters
- Shirley by Charlotte Bronte? Jude the Obscure by Thomas Hardy?
- The Last Runaway by Tracey Chevalier
- The Brontes (non fiction)
- That Elusive Something by Sam Kates
- Secret Santa book
- and other books
I have these Dickens books: David Copperfield, Bleak House, Nicholas Nickleby, The Old Curiosty Shop (ebook).
So there we go. Looking forward to it, I just need to convince myself to read them in 2018 now because I always find something else I want to read more.
I’ve signed up and I’m in the Dewey Dragons group!