If you’re a regular blog reader you will know that I signed up to the Beat the Backlist challenge this year to widdle down my ever growing list of books on my ‘to-be-read’ list. I’m not doing too bad although I have got side tracked by books I’ve bought and Netgalley books I’ve aquired to read and review 🙂
I can’t help it, it’s an addiction. Anyway, here’s what I’ve read so far this year
- Uncommon type by Tom Hanks( ninja book swap)
- Thin Air by Michelle Paver ( recent/first book fairy)
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott (reread, readalong)
- Affinity by Sarah Waters (actual tbr book!)
- Good Wives by Sarah Waters (reread, readalong)
- Raven Black by Anne Cleeves tbr
- Hollow City by Ransom Riggs tbr
- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (felt like it)
- Dead Of Winter by Geri Brightwell (Ninjabookbox)
- Anne of Green Gables (not a tbr but a read along)
- Jezebel’s Daughter by Wilkin Collins
- The Black Moon by Winston Graham
- The Four Swans by Winston Graham
- How to stop time by Matt Haig
- Assasins’ Apprentice by Robin Hobb
I hadn’t been keeping track of my reading for a while (and haven’t been updating on the Backlist website or here!) so I was surprised to realise I’d actually read fourteen! Only the ones highlighted in blue are from my to-be-read list but for the Backlist challenge anything published before this year counts.
I think I’m going to change my own challenge, I’m only going to count those books that are actually on my to-be-read list from now on, I still keep track of books on my reading challenge on GoodReads, but I want to read more books from my to-be-read list:
- The Language of Thorns by Leigh Bardugo (ninja book swap
- Eragon by Christopher
- Three quarters of the orange by Joanne Harris
- Master of Shadows by Neil Oliver
- Solar Bones by Mike McCormack
- The Fry Chronicles
- Morganville series next books when I figure out which ones I’ve read (2)
- A Dance of dragons 2: After the Feast by George R. R. Martin
- Ink Death by Cornelia Funke
- The Raven’s Head by Karen Maitland
- A Parrot In A Pepper Tree by Chris Stewart (ebook)
- Mrs Dalloway by Virginia Woolf
- The Chisellers, The Granny by Brendan O’Carroll (2 ebooks)
- The Last Runaway by Tracey Chevalier
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
Some books I am looking forward to reading but others it’s something I have to get in the mood to read. Why make it a chore? Why read something I don’t want to? I have this habit of impulse buying books I think that I want to read but never get around to reading them. If I buy one or two books, usually because I’ve got hooked into the first page, I usually tend to read them but not when I buy them in bulk. I can’t seem to get into the mood to read them.
I want to read them because then I can give them away and have more space for more books 🙂 Also it’s silly have shelves of books that I never get around to reading.
Not sure which one I’ll pick up next but I’m hoping to widdle this list down by the end of the year.
I might find more hidden away I can add to this list too and update as I go 🙂
Have you read any of these books? Which one do you recommend? How is your Backlist challenge going?